Royal Enfield Classic is one of India’s most iconic and popular motorcycles in the cruiser segment. This legend comes in two engine displacement models : 350cc & 500cc
The basic information on both these models are as follows:
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC 350cc & 500CC
|Royal Enfield Classic 500cc||Royal Enfield Classic 350cc|
|Max Power||27.2 bhp @ 5250 rpm||19.8 bhp @ 5250 rpm
|Maximum Torque||41.3 Nm @ 4000 rpm||28 Nm @ 4000 rpm
|No Of Gears||5||5
|0 to 60 kmph (Seconds)||3||3.2|
|Top Speed (Kmph)||131||130
|Kerb Weight (kgs)||190||187
|Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres)||13||13.5
|FuelEfficiency Overall (Kmpl)||32||37
|Wheel Size (inches)||19||19
|Battery||12 volt, 14 Ah||12 volt, 14 Ah
|Onroad Price (in ₹)||1.86 lakh (delhi) - 2.02 lakh (mumbai)||1.45 lakh (delhi) - 1.6 lakh (mumbai)|
The Royal enfield classic has a retro look with modern touches. It has split seats and an aggressive looking fuel tank. A chrome finish adds a royal look to the bike. The Classic’s rear view mirrors, exhaust, spoke wheels, and handle bar are finished in chrome which ,undoubtedly, give a majestic aura to the machine. Therefore, on the looks department, this beauty gives the Harley’s and Triumph’s a stiff competition.
It has a wheelbase of 1370 mm and overall length of 2180 mm. The ground clearance is 135 mm high.
ENGINE & PERFORMANCE
The classic comes with two engine sizes ie. 350 cc & 500 cc. The engine is a UC (unit constructed( engine as opposed to a cast iron engine. It is reliable & has relatively low maintenance. However, the famous thumping sound is diminished in such a scenario.
- The 350 cc variant has the ability to produce a max power of 19.8 bhp @ 5250 rpm and max torque of 28 Nm @ 4000 rpm.
- The 500 cc variant has the ability to produce a max power of 27.2 bhp @ 5250 rpm and max torque of 41.3 Nm @ 4000 rpm.
- Retro look
- Sound (or thump as they call it)
- Ergonomically comfortable seats
- Reasonably high torque
- Economical for such a large engine size.
- Maintenance is generally on the higher side.
- Brakes have poor response. ABS variant not available
- Response of the bike is sluggish due to heavy weight and design.
- Extreme vibration at high speed
- Features offered in a Royal Enfield Classic are outdated and limited.
- They use tubed tyres
The royal enfield classic is not a performance bike but a bike for those who want to have a comfortable and leisured ride. However, It is always better to pre-decide what sort of a biker you are & want to be before concluding on your purchase.
Importance of Quality Riding Gear
Safety comes first in any act that you perform, be it for leisure or work. Thus, riding gear is a necessity for every rider worth his salt. Apart from safety, it also shows the rider’s commitment to observe correct practices and his level of passion for biking.
We provide specialized boots for riders which offer an array of safety & comfort features suited for the Indian market. Developed with inputs from the veterans of the motorcycling arena including senior members of the xBhp team. Check them out by clicking here .